Monday, February 7, 2011

Bigger and Bigger

We can't wait for tomorrow's check-up.  They kids are both getting big and we want to see how much they weight.  Plus, neither is scheduled for any shots, so it should be an uneventful visit.  We like those kind of visits.  So do the babies.

The Twinkies continue to be complete joys.  And with all that she's been eating, Jeannette is finally filling out (although she's still a fussy eater, taking almost as long feeding as sleeping afterward).  In fact, today, I turned around quickly to talk with the day nurse (who was holding one of the babies) and confused Jeannette with Kaden.  Her face is really filling out.  Makes us so happy.  Unfortunately, even after the forced weight loss program this last week, Papa is also filling out.  Gotta lose this "baby weight".

Last night, we went to a friend's house for dinner.  It was a great evening.  Jeff met Manali in March in Delhi at a set of Cleantech meetings that she and another friend, Shalani, organized.  At that time, we were just beginning to think about surrogacy in India.  When we came in June, we were able to spend time with them and their families and friends.  So, it was a fun reunion when we got to see Manali and part of the same group again last night.

We were going to bring the babies to dinner to meet everyone, but, with the hope that we might be able to return to the US earlier than expected, we decided leave the babies at home with their night nurse to avoid the risk of infection.  Plus, driving in Delhi with them terrifies me.

In other news, it looks like we will be coming home this week!  We were expecting to fly home on the 21st, but we are way ahead of schedule on the paperwork side, so we are going to get home early.

Now, for the scary part: flying for 26 hours with 17 day old twins.  In a strange way, we are looking forward to it.  Although we'll be packed into a plane with 350 of our closest friends, it will be the first time that we will be alone with the kids.  With a day nurse and a night nurse, we have been surrounded by help.  It's tremendously appreciated, but we're going to have to figure it all out on our own at some point.  What better way than when we are crammed in shoulder-to-shoulder on a half-way-round-the-world, never-ending flight.  Are we stupid or what?


  1. Thanks for sharing your story. It takes me back...and I can't help but smile at each one of your updates.
    For what it is worth, our flight home was nearly the best flight of our lives. Best advice is to make friends with the flight crew straight away and you'll be fine!
    Congrats on getting through the paperwork stuff so quickly!!! Travel safe.

  2. Hi, guys! I just found your blog and got caught up with your journey. Congratulations! I can't wait to read more and see more pics. :)

  3. I love this blog and am dying to meet these little beauties. I flew with Carmen when she was quite young and one of the most important things is to make sure they are sucking on something (bottle, pacifier - something) on take off and landing. It is really important that their little ears don't hurt. You really should have a relatively easy time because these babies sleep a lot. Make sure to have blankets, changes of clothes and something to do when they fall asleep on you and you can't move. It is good to have earphones and music or whatever. When they fall asleep on you - you won't want to move.
    I am just dying to meet them. Much love,